Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinics in Sports Medicine
Gawande A., Annals of Medicine, Personal Best, Top athletes and singers have coaches. Should you? The New Yorker, 10-3-2011, Available at: http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2011/10/03/111003fa_fact_gawande. Accessed August 10, 2022.
Gawande A, Taylor DC, Curl W, DeLee JC, Tolin BS. Symposium – Improving your game – surgeons coaching surgeons. American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine Annual Meeting. July 2013.
- The training of the surgeon: Dr. Halsted's greatest legacy.Am Surg. 1999; 65: 1101-1102
- Teaching, mentorship, and coaching in surgical education.Thorac Surg Clin. 2019; 29: 311-320
- Coaching in surgical education: a systematic review.Ann Surg. 2022; 275: 80-84
- Impact studies in continuing education for health professionals. A critique of the research syntheses.Eval Health Prof. 1996; 19: 148-174
- Coaching experts: applications to surgeons and continuing professional development.Surg Innov. 2018; 25: 77-80
- Expert and exceptional performance: evidence of maximal adaptation to task constraints.Annu Rev Psychol. 1996; 47: 273-305
- Professional coaching and surgeon well-being. A randomized controlled trial.Ann Surg. 2022; https://doi.org/10.1097/SLA.0000000000005678
- Surgical telementoring: Feasibility, applicability, and how to.J Surg Oncol. 2021; 124: 241-245
- Video-based surgical coaching: an emerging approach to performance improvement.JAMA Surg. 2016; 151: 282-283
- Implementation and Effectiveness of Coaching for Surgeons in Practice - A Mixed Studies Systematic Review.J Surg Educ. 2020; 77: 837-853
- Systematic review of coaching to enhance surgeons' operative performance.Surgery. 2015; 158: 1168-1191
- Association of a Statewide Surgical Coaching Program With Clinical Outcomes and Surgeon Perceptions.Ann Surg. 2021; 273: 1034-1039
- Surgical coaching for individual performance improvement.Ann Surg. 2015; 261: 32-34
- Strategies for Building Peer Surgical Coaching Relationships.JAMA Surg. 2017; 152: e165540
- Development and assessment of the wisconsin surgical coaching rubric.JAMA Surg. 2020; 155: 486-492
- Surgeon coaching: why and how.J Pediatr Orthop. 2020; 40: S33-S37
- Retired surgeons as mentors for surgical training graduates entering practice: an underutilized resource.Ann Surg. 2021; 273: 613-617
- Considerations for designing and implementing a surgical peer coaching program: an international survey.Surg Endosc. 2022; 36: 4593-4601