Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinics in Sports Medicine
- Measuring emotional intelligence with the MSCEIT V2. 0.Emotion. 2003; 3: 97
- The trait emotional intelligence questionnaire: internal structure, convergent, criterion, and incremental validity in an italian sample.Meas Eval Couns Development. 2016; 49: 34-45
- The Bar-On Emotional Quotient Inventory (EQ-i): Rationale, description and summary of psychometric properties.in: Geher G. Measuring emotional intelligence: Common ground and controversy. Nova Science Publishers, 2004: 115-145
- Emotional and social competence inventory (ESCI).The Hay Group, 2007
- Emotional intelligence in medicine: a systematic review through the context of the ACGME competencies.Med Educ. 2010; 44: 749-764
- Non-technical skills for surgeons (NOTSS): Critical appraisal of its measurement properties.Am J Surg. 2018; 216: 990-997
- Perspective: Can emotional intelligence training serve as an alternative approach to teaching professionalism to residents?.Acad Med. 2011; 86: 1551-1554
White B.A.A., Cola P., Boyatzis R.E., et al., Emotionally Intelligent Leadership in Medicine. Front Psychol, Available at: https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fpsyg.2022.999184/full. Accessed August 20, 2022.
- Building communication and conflict management awareness in surgical education.J Surg Education. 2022; 79: 745-752
- (in production). Closing the Educational Gap in Surgery: Teaching Team Communication and Conflict Management.American Journal of Surgery. 2022; 224: 1488-1491
- Medical students immersed in a hyper-realistic surgical training environment leads to improved measures of emotional resiliency by both hardiness and emotional intelligence evaluation.Front Psychol. 2020; 11: 569035
- Trait Emotional Intelligence in Surgeons.Front Psychol. 2022; 13: 829084
- Review of emotional intelligence in health care: an introduction to emotional intelligence for surgeons.ANZ J Surg. 2020; 90: 433-440
- The distinction between sympathy and empathy: to call forth a concept, a word is needed.J Pers Soc Psychol. 1986; 50: 314
- Empathy: a review of the concept.Emot Rev. 2016; 8: 144-153
- I feel how you feel but not always: the empathic brain and its modulation.Curr Opin Neurobiol. 2008; 18: 153-158
- The relation between emotional intelligence and job performance: A meta-analysis.J Organizational Behav. 2011; 32: 788-818
- Empathy Enhancement Based on a Semiotics Training Program: A Longitudinal Study in Peruvian Medical Students.Front Psychol. 2020; 11: 567663
- Communication practices of physicians with high patient-satisfaction ratings.Permanente J. 2007; 11: 19-29
- Communication Rx: transforming healthcare through relationship-centered communication. McGraw Hill Professional, 2017
- Academy of Communication in Healthcare. ACH. (n.d.).(Available at:)Accessed August 26, 2022)
- Resonant leadership.Harvard Business School Press, Boston2005
- Emotion regulation and the quality of social interaction: Does the ability to evaluate emotional situations and identify effective responses matter?.J Personal. 2011; 79: 429-467
- Conflict in medical teams: opportunity or danger?: Conflict in medical teams.Med Educ. 2012; 46: 935-942
- Physician burnout: contributors, consequences and solutions.J Intern Med. 2018; 283: 516-529
- Burnout in physicians.J R Coll Physicians Edinb. 2015; 45: 104-107
- Helping people change: coaching with compassion for lifelong learning and growth.Harvard Business Press, 2019
- A leadership education framework addressing relationship management, burnout, and team trust.Baylor Univ Med Cent Proc. 2019, April; 32 (Taylor & Francis): 298-300
- First and foremost, physicians: the clinical versus leadership identities of physician leaders.J Health Organ Manag. 2016; 30: 711-728
- A first step toward understanding best practices in leadership training in undergraduate medical education: a systematic review.Acad Med. 2014; 89: 1563-1570
- Cultivating leadership in medicine.Kendall Hunt Publishing Company, Dubuque2019