Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinics in Sports Medicine
- Caster Semenya: sport, categories and the creative role of ethics.J Med Ethics. 2010; 36: 378-379
- Gender verification of female athletes.Genet Med. 2000; 2: 249-254
International Association for Athletics Federations Hyperandrogenism Regulation. Available at: http://www.iaaf.org/about-iaaf/documents/medical. Accessed August 1, 2015.
- Testing sex and gender in sports; reinventing, reimagining and reconstructing histories.Endeavour. 2010; 34: 157-163
- Olivesi A. Montanola S. Gender sport, and ethics: the case of Caster Semenya. Routledge, London2016 (Ethics in Sport Series)
- Polycystic ovary syndrome: a review for dermatologists: part I. Diagnosis and manifestations.J Am Acad Dermatol. 2014; 71: 847.e1-847.e10
- Out of bounds? A critique of the new policies on hyperandrogenism in elite female athletes.Am J Bioeth. 2012; 12: 3-16
Camporesi S. The burden of proving femininity in athletics. Why Dutee Chand should be allowed to compete. Huff Post Women March 25th, 2015. Available at: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/silvia-camporesi/the-burden-of-proving-femininity-in-athletics_b_6940562.html. Accessed August 1, 2015.
Camporesi S. Clear Skies overhead for Dutee Chand, but clouds loom on the horizon. Huff post sports July 30th, 2015. Available at: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/silvia-camporesi/clear-skies-overhead-for-_b_7896924.html. Accessed August 1, 2015.
- In the halfway house of ill repute: gender verification under a different name, still no contribution to fair play.Sport Ethics Philos. 2013; 7: 450-466
- Policing the boundaries of sex: a critical examination of gender verification and the Caster Semenya controversy.J Sex Res. 2013; 50: 103-111
- The new IOC and IAAF policies on female eligibility: old emperor, new clothes?.Sport Ethics Philos. 2014; 8: 44-56
- Are the new policies on hyperandrogenism in elite female athletes really out of bounds? Response to “Out of bounds? A critique of the new policies on hyperandrogenism in elite female athletes.Am J Bioeth. 2013; 13: 63-65
- The Harrison Bergeron olympics.Am J Bioeth. 2013; 13: 66-69
- The limits of acceptable biological variation in elite athletes: should sex ambiguity be treated differently from other advantageous genetic traits?.Mayo Clin Proc. 2012; 87: 508
- Medical and ethical concerns regarding women with hyperandrogenism and elite sport.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2015; 100: 825-827
- Genetics of athletic performance.Annu Rev Genomics Hum Genet. 2009; 10: 407-429
- Genomics of elite sporting performance: what little we know and necessary advances.Br J Sports Med. 2013; 47: 550-555
- Sprinting without myostatin: a genetic determinant of athletic prowess.Trends Genet. 2007; 23: 475-477
- The encyclopaedia of sports medicine: an IOC medical commission publication, genetic and molecular aspects of sports performance. vol. 18. John Wiley & Sons, 2011
- Gender verification and gender policies in elite sport eligibility and “fair play”.Journal of Sport and Social Issues. 2011; 35: 400-419
IAAF Hyperandrogenism Regulations – Appendices C. Available at: http://www.iaaf.org/about-iaaf/documents/medical. Accessed August 1, 2015.
- The onus of inclusivity: sport policies and the enforcement of the women’s category in sport.J Philos Sport. 2014; 41: 113-127
- Fighting for the body she was born with.New York Times. 2014; (Available at:) (Accessed August 1, 2015)http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/07/sports/sprinter-dutee-chand-fights-ban-over-her-testosterone-level.html?_r=0
- Molecular diagnosis of 5α-reductase deficiency in 4 elite young female athletes through hormonal screening for hyperandrogenism.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2013; 98: E1055-E1059
Molloy PM. Indian athlete Dutee Chand disqualified after failing so-called gender test bustle July 24th, 2014. Available at: http://www.bustle.com/articles/33066-indian-sprinter-dutee-chand-disqualified-after-failing-a-so-called-gender-test. Accessed August 1, 2015.
Dutee Chand: Indian sprinter starts appeal against hormone ban test BBC Sports March 23rd, 2015. Available at: http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/athletics/32015227. Accessed August 1, 2015.
Court of arbitration of sport press release on suspension of hyperandrogenism regulations July 27th, 2015. Available at: http://www.tas-cas.org/fileadmin/user_upload/Media_Release_3759_FINAL.pdf. Accessed August 1, 2015.
Court of arbitration of sport interim award on suspension of hyperandrogenism regulations July 27th, 2015. Available at: http://www.tas-cas.org/fileadmin/user_upload/award_internet.pdf. Accessed August 1, 2015.
- Unfair advantage and the myth of the level playing field in IAAF and IOC policies on hyperandrogenism: when is it fair to be a woman?.in: Olivesi A. Montanola S. Gender sport, and ethics: the case of Caster Semenya. Routledge, London2016 (Ethics in Sport Series)
IAAF Press Release commenting on Interim Award issued by the CAS on IAAF’s Hyperandrogenism regulations July 27th, 2015. Available at: http://www.iaaf.org/news/press-release/hyperandrogenism-regulations-cas-dutee-chand. Accessed August 1, 2015.
Disclosure Statement: The author has no competing statements to disclose.