- Matheson G.O.
- Clement D.B.
- Mckenzie D.C.
- et al.
- McBryde Jr, A.M.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinics in Sports Medicine
- Stress fractures in athletes.Am J Sports Med. 1987; 15: 46-58
- Stress fractures in athletes.J Sports Med. 1975; 3: 212-217
- Zur pathologie des menschlichen fussess.Medizin Zeitung. 1855; 24: 169-177
- March foot.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1926; 8: 262-272
- Fatigue fracture of the middle third of the tibia in ballet dancers.J Bone Joint Surg. 1956; 38B: 83-94
- Stress fractures of the tibia in athletes or “Shin soreness.”.J Bone Joint Surg. 1958; 40B: 227-239
- Fatigue fracture of the tibia.Br J Surg. 1943; 30: 9-14
- Fatigue fracture in track athletes.Calif Med. 1962; 97: 61-63
- Stress fracture of the tibia in children.Am J Roentgenol. 1964; 91: 588-596
- Stress fractures in athletes.Proc R Soc Med. 1969; 62: 933-937
- Stress fractures in athletes.Orthop Clin North Am. 1980; 11: 735-762
- Stress fractures of the lower leg.Scand J Sports Med Sci. 1987; 9: 1-8
- Tibial stress injuries.Sports Med. 1998; 26: 265-279
- Epidemiology of podiatric injuries in U.S. Marine recruits undergoing basic training.J Am Podiatr Med Assoc. 1992; 82: 269-271
- Stress fractures in 295 trainees: a one year study of incidence as related to age, sex, and race.Mil Med. 1983; 148: 666-667
- Intrinsic risk factors for exercise-related injuries among male and female army trainees.Am J Sports Med. 1993; 2: 705-710
- Stress fracture in military recruits: gender differences in muscle and bone susceptibility factors.Bone. 2000; 27: 437-444
- Comparative stress fracture incidence in males and females in an equal training environment.Athletic Train. 1971; 121: 126-131
- A survey of running injuries in 1505 competitive and recreational runners.J Sports Med Phys Fitness. 1990; 30: 307-315
- Women athletes with menstrual irregularity have increased musculoskeletal injuries.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 1986; 18: 374-379
- Menstrual irregularity and stress fractures in collegiate female distance runners.Am J Sports Med. 1988; 16: 209-216
- Low bone density is an etiologic factor for stress fractures in athletes.Ann Intern Med. 1990; 113: 754-759
- Factors associated with stress fracture in young army women: indications for further research.Mil Med. 1992; 157: 334-338
- Prevention of lower extremity stress fractures: a controlled trial of a shock absorbent insole.Am J Public Health. 1988; 78: 1563-1567
- Use of simple measures of physical activity to predict stress fractures in young men undergoing a rigorous physical training program.Am J Epidemiol. 1999; 149: 236-242
- Stress fractures: a risk of increased training in freshmen.Phys Sports Med. 1994; 22: 68-78
- Cigarette smoking and exercise-related injuries among young men and women.Am J Prev Med. 2000; 18: 96-102
- Epidemiology of injuries associated with physical training among young men in the army.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 1993; 25: 197-203
- Cigarette smoking, physical fitness, and injuries in infantry soldiers.Am J Prev Med. 1994; 10: 145-150
- Evaluating the relationship of calcium and vitamin d in the prevention of stress fracture injuries in the young athlete: a review of the literature.Phys Med Rehabil. 2010; 2: 945-949
- Nutritional factors that influence change in bone density and stress fracture risk among young female cross-country runners.Phys Med Rehabil. 2010; 2: 740-750
- Calcium and vitamin D supplementation decreases incidence of stress fractures in female navy recruits.J Bone Miner Res. 2008; 23: 741-749
- The incidence and distribution of stress fractures in competitive track and field athletes.Am J Sports Med. 1996; 24: 211-217
- Biomechanical predictors of retrospective tibial stress fractures in runners.J Biomech. 2008; 41: 1160-1165
- Lower limb morphology and risk of overuse injury among male infantry trainees.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 1996; 28: 945-952
- Risk factors for stress fractures among Israeli infantry recruits.Mil Med. 1991; 156: 528-530
- Exercise, training and injuries.Sports Med. 1994; 18: 202-214
- Exercise-related injuries among women: strategies for prevention from civilian and military studies.MMWR Recomm Rep. 2000; 49: 15-33
- An epidemiologic study of the benefits and risks of running.JAMA. 1982; 248: 3118-3121
- Predicting lower-extremity injuries among habitual runners.Arch Intern Med. 1989; 149: 2565-2568
- On the epidemiology of running injuries.Am J Sports Med. 1988; 16: 285-294
- Injuries treated in out-patient clinics: surveys and research data.Mil Med. 1999; 164: 6-89
- Stress fractures in female soldiers: an epidemiological investigation of an outbreak.Mil Med. 1988; 153: 448-450
- Prevention of lower extremity stress fractures in athletes and soldiers: a systematic review.Epidemiol Rev. 2002; 24: 228-247
- Stress fractures: MR imaging.Radiology. 1988; 169: 217-220
- Imaging of stress fractures in the athlete.Clin North Am. 2002; 40: 313-331
- The classification systems of stress fractures: a systematic review.Phys Sports Med. 2011; 39: 93-100
- The use of mr imaging in the assessment and clinical management of stress reactions of bone in high-performance athletes.Clin Sports Med. 1997; 16: 291-306
- High-risk stress fracture: evaluation and treatment.J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2000; 6: 344-353
- Low-risk stress fractures.Am J Sports Med. 2001; 29: 100-111
- Managing common stress fractures: let risk level guide treatment.Sports Med. 1998; 26: 39-47
- Surgical treatment of displaced stress fractures of the femoral neck in military recruits: a report of 42 cases.Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2003; 123: 527-533
- Stress fractures of the femoral neck in athletes.Am J Sports Med. 1990; 18: 524-528
- Stress osteopathy of the femoral head.Acta Orthop Scand. 1997; 68: 138-141
- Stress fractures in runners.Clin Sports Med. 2010; 29: 399-416
- Stress fractures of the femoral neck.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1998; 348: 72-78
- Fatigue fractures of the femoral neck in athletes.J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 1997; 5: 293-302
- The natural history and treatment of delayed union stress fractures of the anterior cortex of the tibia.Am J Sports Med. 1988; 16: 250-255
- Treatment of stress fractures in athletes with intravenous pamidronat.Clin J Sport Med. 2005; 15: 92-94
- The anatomy of the navicular and periarticular structures.Foot Ankle Clin. 2004; 9: 1-23
- Risk factors for recurrent stress fractures in athletes.Am J Sports Med. 2001; 29: 304-310
- Management of tarsal navicular stress fractures: conservative versus surgical treatment: a meta-analysis.Am J Sports Med. 2010; 38: 1048-1053
- Results of treatment of 22 navicular stress fractures and a new proposed radiographic classification system.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2000; 39: 96-103
- Bone stress injuries of the talus in military recruits.Bone. 2006; 39: 199-204
- Treatment of talar neck fractures: clinical results of 50 patients.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2000; 39: 365-375
- Stress fractures: classification and management.Phys Sports Med. 2010; 38: 45-54
- Use of bisphosphonates for the treatment of stress fractures in athletes.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2009; 17: 542-550
There was no funding in support of this work.
The authors have nothing to disclose.
Disclaimer: The views expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not reflect the official policy or position of the Department of the Navy, Department of Defense, or the United States government.